YUMA, Ariz.- When hiring a landscaper Better Business Bureau has some consumer saving tips to keep in mind.
- Know what you want- Have a plan in mind for the type of service that you are looking for. Ask about the products that the landscaping company uses. Request for a lawn inspection. the Better Business Bureau says, no company should be able to give you a quote over the phone without seeing your lawn first.
- Understanding Pricing- Make sure you understand exactly what you are ordering and what you are getting in return. Also include weather situations such as if it is raining will you still receive lawn care.
- Check first- Make sure the company is certificated with the Better Business Bureau and ask for references.
- Scrutinize the contract- Make sure to have a written contract that spells out clearly, so you are able to understand the cost and service that you are paying for. Document the duration and exceptions of the results for your lawn care service. Some contracts will automatically renew unless you specify otherwise. If you do choose to sign a long-term contract, make sure you get information and your cancellation rights in writing, in case you find the service to be unsatisfactory.
- Look for Professional membership- A service’s membership in one or more lawn care associations and active participation in the local community is a positive sign. Professional organizations keep their members informed on new developments in pest control methods, safety, training research .