Kitchen fire sets home up in flames

Kitchen fire sets home up in flames

YUMA, AZ- Earlier Saturday afternoon a fire was reported at a home on South Avenue A. Yuma Fire Department arrived at the scene and found smoke coming from the front door of the residence.

Fire crews searched the home, and a fire was found in the kitchen. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, keeping it from spreading to other parts of the home. There was smoke damage throughout the home however, and the American Red Cross was on scene to assist the displaced residents.

There were no injuries during the blaze. Investigators determined the fire started in the kitchen around the refrigerator, and was accidental.

The home owners were not home at the time the fire started, but arrived shortly after to find smoke coming from their front door. According to YPD fires can grow quickly and can double in size every minute. In this case the fast reporting of the fire provided for an early fire department response and helped reduce the amount of damage to the property.

About The Author

Related posts