BRAWLEY, Calif. – A fire broke out in a restaurant damaging sections of a building in downtown Main Street.
Inferno Restaurant owner Ray Babb says an employee noticed the fire in the back patio area where their performance stage is Friday afternoon. Firefighters believe the fire started from old and faulty wiring and say the wind spread the blaze quickly.
The damage is estimated to be several thousand dollars-worth.
Babb says an event that was scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled due to the damage.
The restaurant will remain open, however it will take several weeks to repair the stage, according to Babb.