BUCKEYE, Ariz. (AP) – Arizona Public Service says one of their linemen is in the hospital after he came in contact with power lines west of Phoenix.
APS spokeswoman Anna Haberlein says the man was working in the Buckeye area Tuesday afternoon when he was shocked by an energized power distribution line.
Details of the worker’s injuries weren’t released, but Haberlein says he was taken to the Arizona Burn Center at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix. His name and age were not released.
The company says its workers are trained to protect each other while working around electricity and the injury is one of the worst fears of utility workers.
Contact with power lines can cause severe burns or death.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press.